Wednesday, November 08, 2006

 

New undies

Well, this makes up for the vomit in the bed. It's new underwear.

After this excitement (hold your breath, why don't you), I sat home and tried on underwear while Mel went to have a teacher's meeting with a girl who's in the 1rst percentile of both English and math students in the local 3rd grade, in the 40th worst state for education, in the 38th worst country for it. If I were any further along in my own math abilities, I guess I could tell you that the girl is already 10 years behind where Mel's prep school exes were by age 16 months. (Should Alice be learning to tell time?)

I don't normally trash 7-year-olds, and I guess somewhere in the world she could grow up to not be the devil if her mom would stop using her step-siblings as evil step-servants and stop treating said 7-year-old like an heiress when they're a family of 6 living in grandma's trailer...but I digress. Some people like having their kids have nice clothes. And they are not entirely evil. Maybe I am. But this poor child reminds me of Dudley Dursley. With fewer business prospects.

Mel will be teaching her to read a calendar on Wednesdays and Fridays from now on. Well, at least she'll be ready to read her Kash 'n' Kary schedule and possibly even make change by the end of the semester.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?